In 1856 a piece of land was conveyed, for the sum of £50,
from the Guardians of the poor of the Maidstone Union to the Reverend George Davey of
the parish of St. Peter, Maidstone.
This was to provide a site for a school for 'poor persons to be taught in the principles of the Established Church'.
When the new West Borough Schools opened in 1907, the building became the Heath Mission where Sunday services were held under the leadership of Mr Stephen Ashby, a local butcher and Lay Reader.
Since then there have been 7 changes of incumbent and we have now become part
of the Benefice of St Andrew's Barming Heath with St Nicholas at Allington.
Looked after by a "Priest in Charge".
The list is as follows: